Reciprocity depends on residency, permit type, and age. For an in depth look on South Carolina Reciprocity, please click here.
For more information on South Carolina Reciprocity please visit here.
Concealed Coalition provides you with the educational safety training course in addition to in person training necessary to complete the educational and training portion of your South Carolina resident concealed carry permit application. Should you choose to move forward with your application after completing the training and passing the certification test, you will have the option to download the required certificate of completion from our site, in addition to scheduling your required live fire training.
Once you have downloaded the certificate of completion, we will provide you with the step by step process you need to take to complete your application with the State of South Carolina. Our online course certification is an educational tool. Your live fire training and in person training meet the educational requirements to apply for a Concealed Carry permit in the State of South Carolina.
21 years old.
South Carolina has a comprehensive list of eligibility requirements here:
Yes. Places you may NOT carry concealed in South Carolina include but are not limited to:
- As always, you must comply with federal law restrictions.
- Any schools at any level, public or private and their premises including buses (elementary, middle and high school, college and university) unless consent given by authorities
- Any public property where concealed firearms are listed as prohibited
- School events
- Day cares and childcare areas
- Law enforcement offices
- Prisons, jails and detention centers
- Polling places during elections
- Hospitals and any other medical building
- Courthouses and courtrooms
- Places of worship
- Office of, or the business meeting of, the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality or special-purpose district
- Private property where it is posted that firearms are prohibited
- State Capitol building and related grounds
- Any residence unless permission is given
- Lodging establishments where it is posted that firearms are prohibited
Please refer to South Carolina state laws for an in depth breakdown or if you are unsure about where you can carry.
At Concealed Coalition we understand that life happens all around us, all the time and many times is out of our control. For our in-person trainings we will do our best to accommodate you by rescheduling your training. Unfortunately, due to high demand, preparation costs and limited seating, if you call to reschedule between 24 - 72 hours before the day of your class, you will be charged a $35 rescheduling fee. However, if you do not notify us prior to 24 hours, do not show up or miss your elected class, it is not refundable, and you will have to pay full price to attend the class.
Due to COVID restrictions, class availability is limited as we work within the guidelines of the law. We appreciate your patience. We are working diligently to open as many classes as possible.
For online trainings the course you purchased is an online course and is delivered upon purchase. Due to the fact that you will have already received our education via our online portal, we will be unable to refund you the cost of the class training. All other refunds are on a case by case basis.
Our state certified trainer holds multiple certifications along with years of practical handgun experience. The course we offer online is comprised of nationally recognized course training materials used in all 50 states. We assure you with the satisfaction guarantee that our in-person and live fire training is not only valid but exceeds the minimum requirements for handgun safety training as outlined in the concealed carry permit requirements.
The State of South Carolina explains the concealed carry permit process for South Carolina residents in detail here:
South Carolina requires applicants to complete in-person training by a state approved instructor or organization. This training must also include live-fire.